Job market candidate 2018-2019
I obtained my PhD (DPhil) in May 2018 from Oxford University (University College). My research interests are in applied macroeconomics, monetary economics and economic history. Please find my Job Market Paper here. You can download my CV here. My Oxford graduate student profile is here.
- I will present joint research with co-authors at the Bank of England (Mike Anson, David Bholat and Ryland Thomas) at the EHES 2019 Annual Meeting in Paris (August 2019, c.f. Presentations).
- In March 2019, my JMP project was awarded the Theodor Körner Prize.
- I will present my JMP at the 2019 CEBRA Annual Meeting (Central Bank Research Association) in New York (July 2019, c.f. Presentations).
- I will present my JMP at the NOeG 2019 Annual Conference (Annual Meeting of the Austrian Economic Association) in April 2019 (c.f. Presentations).
- JMP update: I am currently in the process of uploading some new material illustrating my findings and my identification strategy focusing on the split states in my sample. You can find these maps and graphs here: My JMP in maps.
- I will present my JMP at the Federal Reserve Board of Governors in Washington D.C. and the SAFE House of Finance in Frankfurt in May 2019 (c.f. Presentations).
- In October 2018, my dissertation was awarded the Michael Mitterauer Prize.
- In July 2018, I was nominated as a finalist for the Economic History Association’s (EHA) Alexander Gerschenkron Prize for best dissertation in the economic history of an area outside of the United States or Canada.
- In 2017, my doctoral research was awarded the Economic History Society (EHS) New Researcher Prize (see my CV for other awards and scholarships).
Job placement officer:
Prof Johannes Abeler, Department of Economics, Oxford University
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 1865 281440