Monetary policy, financial stability & economic history
I obtained my PhD (DPhil) in May 2018 from Oxford University (University College). My research interests are in applied macroeconomics, monetary economics and economic history. Please find my most recent working paper here. You can download my CV here. My Oxford graduate student profile is here.
- I will present my research as part of the external seminar series of Vienna University’s Department of Finance and JKU’s Department of Economics (c.f. Presentations).
- I will present my research on central bank credit rationing (co-authored with Mike Anson, David Bholat and Ryland Thomas, all Bank of England) at AFSE 2019 Annual Meeting in Orléans and at EHES 2019 Annual Meeting in Paris (June and August 2019, c.f. Presentations).
- I will present my JMP project at the 2nd CEPR Endless Summer Conference in Financial Intermediation and Corporate Finance in Athens (September 2019, c.f. Presentations).
- In March 2019, my JMP project was awarded the Theodor Körner Prize.
- I will present my JMP at the 2019 CEBRA Annual Meeting (Central Bank Research Association) in New York (July 2019, c.f. Presentations).
- I will present my JMP at the NOeG 2019 Annual Conference (Annual Meeting of the Austrian Economic Association) in April 2019 (c.f. Presentations).
- JMP update: I am currently in the process of uploading some new material illustrating my findings and my identification strategy focusing on the split states in my sample. You can find these maps and graphs here: My JMP in maps.
- I will present my JMP at the Federal Reserve Board of Governors in Washington D.C. and the SAFE House of Finance in Frankfurt in May 2019 (c.f. Presentations).
- In October 2018, my dissertation was awarded the Michael Mitterauer Prize.
- In July 2018, I was nominated as a finalist for the Economic History Association’s (EHA) Alexander Gerschenkron Prize for best dissertation in the economic history of an area outside of the United States or Canada.
- In 2017, my doctoral research was awarded the Economic History Society (EHS) New Researcher Prize (see my CV for other awards and scholarships).
Job placement officer:
Prof Johannes Abeler, Department of Economics, Oxford University
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44 1865 281440